Sunday, May 22, 2011

CD cover


This CD cover which I managed to rescue from one of my thumdrives after my main computer crashed, is supposed to be for a psychadelic punk/new wave band called Self Titled. Most of the adjustments I made to the images were to the colors, some cropping here and there, some cleaning up of certain elements,and I ended up spending a lot of time on the masking of the head. Aso, the color of the hair had to be changed a bit, and the head(which had been photographed through a window) had some artifacts from the glass reflection that had to be removed. This is laid out as the CD cover would be printed, the left hand side being the back cover, the right hand side being the front cover, the spine would be along the middle. I designed it to be viewed both as a whole and as any of its three parts alone, the background image not quite being identifiable as it is unless it is viewed in full, but still conveying a dark and weird feeling.

No comments: